Friday, September 19, 2014

Results Are In

                  
In other words, we're in remission!!
I spent a good little while on he phone with the nurse this morning hearing things like, "we've achieved remission," and, "no lymphoblastic cells seen," and, "no abnormalities," and that lovely little "r" word, "remission."
I have so many emotions right now it's hard to process. I'm once again overwhelmingly greatful for the power of prayer. And the knowledge that our Heavenly Father is incredibly aware and mindful of each of us.
This morning while the girl was having her 4:30 slice of pizza I found myself saying a silent prayer. I felt strongly that she would be healed but my continued patience will be required. Even with this news of remission we are not at the end of our road. We still have quite a ways to go. We still have many more treatments, and late nights, and early mornings, and doctor visits, and blood draws, and snuggles and back rubs.
No, It is not over. But that doesn't mean that we won't be partying all weekend long over the news we've had today.

"Nothing can take the place of prayer...Let no day pass without it."
President Ezra Taft Benson


No comments:

Post a Comment